- ISeek Assessment List- Take skills and interest assessment tests and learn about what occupations suit your unique skills.
- ONet Online- Use this site as an interactive tool to search and explore different occupations and gather critial in-depth information about careers that might suit you.
- LearningExpress Library- This subscription database allows you to take skills assessment courses on a variety of computer software programs, writing skills practice, test preparation and official exams.
- Goodwill Community Foundation's Career Tutorials and Computer Skills Tutorials offer free, interactive training on dozens of topics- everything from resume writing to computer software help.
Online Job Search Ideas:
- Career Builder
- Glass Door.com
- Craigs List- Detroit Metro Area Job Postings
- Employment Guide.com
- Find a Trucking Job.com
- Government Jobs
- Indeed.com - One Search
- Mel.org Job and Career Accelerator Database
- Michigan Trucking Jobs
- Michigan Talent Bank
- MyFOXdetroit.com- Job Shop
- The Riley Guide
- Salary.com Job Search
- State of Michigan Job Opportunities
- State of Michigan - Unemployment Help Center
- Techboomers.com - A free educational website that teaches older adults and other inexperienced Internet users with basic computer skills about websites that can help improve their quality of life.
- Telecommuting and flexible jobs
- ZipRecruiter.com - A free career management resource that is designed to assist job seekers throughout the entire process.
*Information/positions for those with disabilities
- Got questions about filing for unemployment? Head to the State of Michigan Unemployment Services Center
- Thinking about a new career? The Occupational Outlook Handbook from the U.S.Bureau of Labor Statistics is the best place to start your research.
- Considering going back to school? Check out this handy guide: What Can I do with a Major In?
- Search for local jobs and gain valuable career counseling from Jobstar.com
- 10 Things You Need to do While Unemployed from Forbes.com- A valuable list of 10 things to do while you're unemployed in order to fill that gap in your resume.
- www.learnhowtobecome.org - This is a good resource for exploring new careers.
- NursingAssistantGuides.com - Helpful website for those interested in nursing or medical assistant careers.
Cromaine is a Michigan Works! Access site - let your friends and neighbors in the Hartland area know that they don't have to drive to the other side of the county, but only need to visit Cromaine Library in the Village for assistance with their job search, those who want a better job and those who are in career transition!
Michigan Works! Access help is available on Mondays, 12-4 pm in the Village. All the time, the staff at Cromaine will make every effort to help you with job searching, resume writing, and both locations have free faxing of job applications and resumes.
Also, check out the Michigan Works- Livingston County website for information on job fairs, upcoming workshops, and many more job-search resources in your area!