What's happening at Cromaine? You can find all events happening at Cromaine and around the Hartland community on our calendar. Click below to expand the calendar to view events by month. You can click each event to register and view further details.
There are always plenty of things to do at Cromaine, but there are some events that simply stand above the rest and we want you to be a part of it. Whether it's happening at Cromaine or in Hartland, you can find info on our latest featured event right here. View dates, times, registration info, and other pertinent details you'll need to attend. We hope to see you there!
UN-Big Read: True Grit
Take a journey back in time to the wild, wild west with Charles Portis' western novel "True Grit" & Cromaine Library's UN-Big Read event, which kicks off on January 13th! This series of events will focus on the #1 New York Times Bestseller novel, which is a tale of revenge by a teenage girl, a crotchety US Marshall, and a determined Texas Ranger set in the 1870s. There will be events for Youth, Tweens, Teens, and Adults throughout the end of February, as well as contests for all ages. Those wishing to read the book and participate in the event series can get a free copy of "True Grit" at the kick-off event thanks to the Friends of Cromaine! Events & contests include the following (those including * must be registered for). See the calendar for full details.
- December 15 - January 3: True Grit Writing Contest
- January 13 @ 10:00am: UN-Big Read Kick-off for True Grit
- January 14 @ 2:30pm: Second Sunday Concert Series: Neil Woodward, Michigan's Troubadour
- January 19 @ 7:00pm: The Covered Wagon: Silent Film with Organ*
- January 25 @ 7:00pm: Fiction Book Club
- January 29 - February 16: Trail Mix Recipe "Shoot Out"
- January 30 @ 6:30pm: "True Grit" Movie Showing with John Wayne*
- January 31 @ 7:00pm: Hands-on Leatherworking!*
- February 3 @ 11:00am: Rootin'-Tootin' Storytime
- February 7 @ 7:00pm: Re-Writing the Rules of Westerns with Dr. Rachman*
- February 8 @ 2:00pm: Homeschoolers Book Club*
- February 12 @ 1:00pm: A.L.I.V.E. for 55+ "True Grit" by the Coen Brothers Daytime Movie Showing*
- February 12 @ 7:00pm: "True Grit" by the Coen Brothers Movie Showing*
- February 13 @ 4:30pm: Magic Tree House Party*
- February 17 @ 11:00am: Wild West Family Day
- February 18 - 24th: Drop-in Wild West Activities
- February 19 @ 1:00pm: A.L.I.V.E. for 55+ Exploring Western Art*
- February 21 @ 7:00pm: The Making of a Western Movie with Dr. Rachman*
- February 26 @ 1:00pm: A.L.I.V.E. for 55+ Horse Drawing with Patrick Seabolt*
February 28 @ 6:30pm: Game Night - Settlers of Catan*
Thank you to our supporting donors, Meijer and the Friends of Cromaine, for making the UN-Big Read events possible!
Ongoing Events at Cromaine
At Cromaine, we offer a wide variety of ongoing events that you can continue to participate in year round! From Storytime for the little ones to book clubs for adults, we've got something for everyone in the Hartland community. Click on an event to learn more & register.
There are so many ways to have fun, learn more, and get involved in your community. Click on the buttons below to register and learn more about each event. Once our new calendar is available, be sure to register ASAP as our events typically fill up quickly!
Chocolate Party Fundraiser
Celebrate all things chocolate in this fundraiser to equip the new public spaces at Cromaine. Enjoy tasting sips of chocolate beers, wines, and beverages, plus sample chocolate delicacies! Chocolate education moment included and everyone goes home with a treat! Tickets $10, must be paid for by 6:30 pm on February 8 at the Circulation Desk where golden tickets will be given. Unused tickets will be considered a donation and not refunded. Limited seating. Register online or by phone.
Do you have an idea you believe would improve the Hartland community? Want to make it happen, but need a little cash to get started? Give it your best shot during the Hartland SOUP Winterfest Edition contest! We'll be collecting project applications through January 15th for chances to present at the SOUP event on Saturday, January 27th. If selected, you'll be asked to choose from two time slots, 1:00pm or 5:00pm, to present your project at All Saints Lutheran Church over a soup lunch/dinner. For $5, SOUP slurpers are welcome to listen to presentations, enjoy a nice meal with the community, and vote for the next Hartland Area Project! All proceeds from the event will be given to the winning project.
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN HARTLAND?
Discover even more fun events, explore community resources, find volunteering opportunities, and get to know our wonderful Hartland community by visiting our community partner, Hartland Living!