What's happening at Cromaine? You can find all events happening at Cromaine and around the Hartland community on our calendar. Click below to expand the calendar to view events by month. You can click each event to register and view further details.
There are always plenty of things to do at Cromaine, but there are some events that simply stand above the rest and we want you to be a part of it. Whether it's happening at Cromaine or in Hartland, you can find info on our latest featured event right here. View dates, times, registration info, and other pertinent details you'll need to attend. We hope to see you there!
Livingston Reads 2019 A Walk in the Woods
In April of 2019, join the countywide read of A Walk in the Woods. Events will be held across Livingston County, including Hartland’s Cromaine and other libraries. More information available at www.livingstonreads.org.
- April 15 at 7:00 pm: Exploring the Appalachian Trail Presented by Thru-Hike Dave Werk
- April 23 at 2:00 pm: Recipe Club and Camp-Themed Potluck
- April 27 at 7:00 pm: A Walk in the Woods at the Historic Howell Theater
ONGOING EVENTS AT CROMAINE
At Cromaine, we offer a wide variety of ongoing events that you can continue to participate in year round! From Storytime for the little ones to book clubs for adults, we've got something for everyone in the Hartland community. Click on an event to learn more & register.
There are so many ways to have fun, learn more, and get involved in your community. Click on the buttons below to register and learn more about each event. Once our new calendar is available, be sure to register ASAP as our events typically fill up quickly!
Cromaine Caldecott Contest
Get ready for Children's Book Week by reading the best picture books published in the last year! Our team of Youth Librarians has selected their top 10 favorites and are challenging YOU to read them with your little ones. Read the books, then visit the Youth Department April 1 through May 3 to cast a ballot for your favorite. The winning book will be announced on May 4 during our Cromaine Caldecott Party. The nominees are:
- I Am a Cat by Galia Bernstein
- Petra by Marianna Coppo
- Sleepy, The Goodnight Buddy by Drew Daywalt and Scott Campbell
- The Rabbit Listened by Cori Doerrfeld
- Crunch the Shy Dinosaur by Cirocco Dunlap and Greg Pizzoli
- We Don't Eat Our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins
- The Digger and the Flower by Joseph Kuefler
- Alma and How She Got Her Name by Juana Martinez-Neal
- Drawn Together by Minh Lê and Dan Santat
- Festival of Colors by Surishtha Sehgal and Kabir Sehgal
2019 Hartland's Cromaine Library Teen Volunteer Scholarship
- Must be a graduating senior at Hartland Consolidated Schools or equivalent high school (home, virtual, CSPA)
- Must have volunteered at Cromaine at least three sessions (sessions are summer or school-year) with an average of 15 hours per session
- Must complete an essay of 500 words or less of how Library Volunteering has changed your life and include how your service has impacted Hartland’s Cromaine community
- Grammar and writing skills are not as important as content
DEADLINE: All applications and essays must be turned in no later than April 22, 2019 by 9:00 pm at Hartland’s Cromaine Library in the Village or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Disclaimer: Carolyn McCullough, Teen Services Librarian is not a judge of submissions)
AWARD: Winner will be given a $500 check and a certificate at either the Hartland High School Awards Ceremony or at Hartland’s Cromaine Library Board of Trustees May meeting
2019 Hartland's Cromaine Library Post-secondary Scholarship
- Must be a graduating senior at Hartland Consolidated Schools
- Must have a Cromaine Library Card in good standing
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA as of application
- Must complete an essay of 500 words or less on your post-secondary education plans and goals
DEADLINE: All applications and essays must be turned in o later than April 22, 2019 by 9:00 pm at Hartland’s Cromaine Library in the Village or via email to email@example.com
AWARD: Winner will be given a $500 check and a certificate at Hartland High School Awards Ceremony
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN HARTLAND?
Discover even more fun events, explore community resources, find volunteering opportunities, and get to know our wonderful Hartland community by visiting our community partner, Hartland Living!